I'm exhausted this morning. I find that when I don't get enough physical activity I wake up exhausted. I didn't get much physical exercise over the weekend, due to several factors. We've been expecting my goat to go into labor for the last week, and I've been trying to stay as close to home as possible so that I would be there for it. My goat. Zarahemla (Zara for short) went into labor on Saturday while I was at rehearsal for the Skagit Opera Chorus (of course she did!). I checked on her every hour on Friday night until I went to bed, and then constantly on Saturday morning until I left for my rehearsal.
My rehearsal ran late, and by the time I looked at my phone I had missed three calls from my husband in rapid succession. By the time I called him back on of the kids had already been born. I rushed home, but by the time I got there the other kid had made it out. I wasn't there for it, but Zara did beautifully. Now we've got two healthy La Mancha kids, one buck and one doe, and they seem to be thriving.
Here they are just an hour or so after they were born on Saturday. March 12, 2016:
My daughter Kheeda claimed naming rights, and we ended up with the doe named Seattle and the buck named Denver (my daughter is both a Seahawk and a Bronco fan).
Two days of trying to stay close to home was too many for me. I like to try and walk to and from my rehearsals, a two mile walk each way. I wasn't able to do that this weekend due to the kidding or last weekend because I was down with a cold bad enough to keep me from rehearsal.
I am back to the mental block I have where if I stop doing something for even a small amount of time I will stop doing it altogether. I like to walk, but if I don't do it every single day, I will stop doing it completely. I've gone almost a week without hitting my minimum 10k step goal. I have to get better.
Small goal tonight: Take my dog for a walk.
I wanted to write more, but I seem to be experiencing a brain fart. Possibly more later.

No comments:
Post a Comment