Featured Post

Welcome Message and Disclaimer

Welcome to Continuous Epiphany! I chose the name Continuous Epiphany because that is what life seems to be for me. I am constantly discove...

Thursday, March 10, 2016

10 Pound Benchmark

I've lost 10 pounds so far! I weighed in at 240 even this morning! I'm five pounds from my first reward, and I'm almost positive that I'll hit that in the next week. I'd better start thinking about what book I want to order!

I did think of one more reward I want to add to my list. When I hit my goal weight of 160 I want to have my wedding dress altered to fit. It is currently a size 14 from David's Bridal, altered a bit by my amazing mother in law to accommodate my fairly large......boobs. It has a lace up back so it is fairly accommodating in terms of weight fluctuations, but I would like it to fit me at 160 pounds at it's tightest comfortably laced position. I would like to fit me after I lose weight, but I really don't think I want to weight any less than 160 lbs. My family has a dense bone and muscle structure, so at 160 I will probably be at a good dress size to stay at. We might even do a wedding anniversary photo shoot in it next year with my newly altered dress.

I am losing weight pretty rapidly, but I am eating enough. For the first few weeks what I will probably be shedding is water weight. I am hoping that the weight loss will level out after the first 15 pounds or so to a more manageable and healthy level. I would be happy with any weight loss per week at all, but my aim is two pounds per week.  If I can do that, then I can reach my goal weight within a year.

Most health care professionals and diet experts will tell people not to weight themselves more than once a week because weight can fluctuate rapidly due to a lot of factors, but I find that weighing myself every morning before getting ready for the day, before breakfast, before drinking any water, (pretty much sans clothing so I don't have to try and account and adjust for different clothing with different weights. It keeps things a lot simpler) helps keep me motivated. If I'm staying pretty well on track, the scale numbers should decrease slightly every day. I don't mean significant weight loss every day, but either stable weight or just slightly less than the day before is my goal. In addition to helping keep my weight loss motivation up, seeing a smaller number than yesterday can start my day out on a more positive note, and starting a day out well can be the difference between a good day and a bad day sometimes.

Today started out well, and I am hopeful that it will continue to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment